Monday, December 28, 2009
Past Christmases
I spend every Christmas with my family. When my brother and I were kids every other year we used to travel up to the New York-Canadian border where my aunt and uncle lived to spend Christmas Eve with them. We'd come home on Christmas morning and there would be presents under the tree. I used to think it was Santa Claus delivering those presents to my house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well, if there were no presents under the tree when you left and your parents went with you and the presents were there when you got home, who but Santa could have delivered them? LOL
ReplyDeleteOne time when I was a boy, I woke up and heard a noise downstairs. I crept down until I could see the tree reflected in the window at the landing about 2/3 of the way down. There was someone at the tree, and "of course" it could only have been Santa. I dashed back upstairs and got into bed and pretended to be asleep.
Sometime near the end of November and beginning of December we used to decorate the house: tree, garlands, wreathes, etc. We have this beautiful porcelain crèche hand-painted. Each of us kids had a particular couple characters we'd set up. I got the kneeling shepherd, the wise man wearing purple, and one of the animals. There was a little manger, but it remained empty. But on Christmas morning, we'd wake up early and dash to the crèch, and there would be baby Jesus in the manger! My mom said an angel of the Lord brought him. I guess that was our form of Santa Clause.
ReplyDelete