Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Blogs Versus Vlogs
I prefer to read blogs compared to watching vlogs (video blogs). I watch vlogs, but it's more convenient to read blogs because reading is a silent activity and I can read blogs on my phone, wherever I happen to be. I can watch vlogs on my phone but it's usually not as convenient to do so. I also like reading blogs because the information tends to be more cohesive and structured, whereas with a vlog it's more about the visual effects and the speaker's ability to tell a story and/or present information. It's also quicker and easier to publish a written entry, than it is to upload a video, although a greater number of people tend to watch vlogs compared to reading a blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You will probably not care for my blog I am learning to Blog and new to this form of evangelizarion. I ask you how about a combination of both in order to reach both kinds of people? We all have different ways of learning and retaining information. It's a matter of getting the word or idea out to as many as possible. Our Lord taught both ways by using parables that painted pictures for his audience composed of simple people because there were no cameras or videos at the time.
ReplyDeleteYes, that's the ideal situation. I think it's important to be flexible and willing to adapt to technology and the culture's information behavior. I suppose I'm trying to use my strengths to the best of my ability, which in my case, is my writing ability.
ReplyDeleteReally? Hmm. I find vlogs difficult to follow and keep up with. As you said, one has to be in a spot where being overheard is not an issue. Also in a video, there are a lot of pauses and spaces of silence, not ideal for someone that is busy and on the run. I guess there are pluses and minuses to both, but I also also prefer written blogs.
ReplyDelete